Updated: Aug 15, 2018
MozArt Music Academy is proud to present Zoë Baca as our MozArtist of the Week. We award brilliant individual who brings positiveness to our music school.
Questions to Zoë :
1. What is your name and how old are you?
My name is Zoë Baca and I am 11 years old
2. What instrument do you play at MozArt Music Academy?
I play the piano at MozArt Music Academy
3. What is your favorite song?
I don’t have a favorite song because I like a lot of different songs. But one artist I recommend is Parry Gripp. He has lots of hilarious songs that are weird and have a good tune. For example “Planet of Nachos” is one of them
4. What do you like most about MozArt Music Academy?
The teachers because they teach really well and slow so you get it each time
5. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up…maybe an illustrator?
6. What do you want to tell other friends about taking music lessons?
It’s fun. I heard this somewhere – playing an instrument is good for your brain (so they should definitely try it once)
Questions to Zoë's parent:
1. What are you most proud of when it comes to Zoë 's piano study?
I am most proud to see Zoë practicing piano without me having to ask her to (the 30-day challenge was a success)! She used to get frustrated sometimes when she couldn’t quickly learn a new song. Now I see her practicing diligently without complaint. This is a regular lesson my husband and I impart to our kids… to be good at anything requires a lot of practice! I love that she is experiencing this in her music
2. How did you discover your child's interest in music?
I believe all people are naturally drawn to music, especially as kids. So to me it wasn’t about whether or not she was interested in music, but what aspect of music she might be interested in… singing, an instrument, listening, dancing (involves music, right?!), songwriting, etc. Zoë liked to play on the piano at my mom’s house so I asked her if she wanted to learn and she said “yes!”
3. Why do you think music education is important for children and why is it important for your family?
There are so many reasons music education is important for children and the family! Music is fun, feeds the soul, exercises the brain, is a great method of expression, is creative, brings people together… I could go on and on
4. What do you enjoy most about MozArt Music Academy?
I love that MozArt Music Academy understands how to teach kids music so that they stay engaged. Tarina and Wesley are so awesome at working with kids and making it fun for them. That’s the most important thing… that the kids are having fun so they’ll stick with it!
5. In the future, what would be amazing to see your child do with music?
I want music to always be a part of Zoë’s life in any way, shape or form. If she becomes an extraordinary artist, that’s icing on the cake!